Saturday, November 19, 2011

And the days dwindle down to a precious few!

Hello! It's been ages since I have posted but I don't feel as though a lot has been going on that I'd call "news worthy". there's mostly a lot that hasn't happened yet but as it does I'll talk about it. It's all very exciting but I don't feel I can talk about it yet. In time!

What HAS been happening is that I finally set up a booth at a farmers market last week with my lovely new friend from the Craft Guild, Rachel Wright. we took our maiden voyage at the Four Seasons Market. (www.fourseasonsmarkets.com) This market takes place on Saturdays and Sundays at two locations in Richardson. It is meant to be like those in Europe that occur in town squares on saturday mornings and are a mix of produce vendors, artisan craftsmen, etc. We didn't have much to show for our first day but there are some Christmas markets coming up and I'll be sending out an invite for those. I am also producing some work for a garden center in Oak Cliff. I'll have more info about that as it develops.

I don't usually talk about politics but I Feel I need to make some sort of statement here. I have to so that I'm deeply concerned about what is going on in our country right now. Our government is ineffectual, there seems to be more and more hate and anger everywhere you look and everyone seems to be very edgy, angry, anxious, nervous, furious, disdainful, vindictive, etc. etc. etc. The list goes on and on and on. We all need to stop and remember that we all live on this Earth together and must find a way to get along despite our differences. I don't know the answer, I don't think anyone does, I just want to ask everyone to treat each other with love, respect and understanding.

That is all!

P.S. I am posting some pictures of work in progress! Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment